Conservatives hate poor people
Why are conservatives so mean? Did their mothers not hug them enough? Did the pretty girl reject them for the prom?
Facebook, that great bastion of collegial activism, has a new feature this election season called “Campaign Issues.” This feature allows users to declare their political support for, and to unite behind, critical and devisive campaign issues, whether it be “Gay Marriage” or “Affirmative Action in the NBA”. One such issue is entitled “liberalism is a mental disorder and requires immediate vacination.” In case you don’t have a facebook account, here’s the description:
Sick of all the liberals in Massachusetts and elsewhere? Join this group if your tired of hearing the following:
1. That Bush is the real terrorist, and that the muslim fundementalists that are at fault for wanting to kill us... well they're simply "a product of their environment" AKA it is the US's fault they all want to kill Americans
2. listening to people bitch about how we should do absolutely nothing to those responsible for 9/11 but instead send them lemon cakes, give them big warm hugs, and in time.... IN TIME... ask for THEIR forgiveness
3. being told by liberals that we are in Iraq for oil when the price of oil before the war was less than $20 a barrel, while we are currently paying $70 a barrel, as of today. Set up an inequality for those 2 numbers you dumb shits.
4. Listening to people have a shit attack about how some murdering terrorist is being 'tortured' by being forced to remain in a prison where the temperature is 'uncomfortably high.' Yet in reponse to the Americans being beheaded over there, they think that it is merely America's own fault. YEEE
5. Hearing that torture of terrorists is inhuman and that it doesnt matter if slappin' some guy around a little bit would save the lives of say... 3,000 people?
6. Listening to people bitch about how President Bush cheated his way into presidency twice. Not once, but twice! Its what... 6 years after the fact? For once in your life stop complaining and get a day job.
7. Listening to liberals bitch about criminals civil rights being violated. For instance, the man convicted of rape who was given PROBATION, no jail time at all. What about the sick and twisted guy who kills his entire family... can't be his fault, he must be mentally ill... why dont we coddle him for a few years and throw him back into society. Great plan. Or, for example the illegal immigrants who try getting free tuition to our schooling systems and try leaching money out of country that they ILLEGALLY entered.
8. And Lastly, and probably the best, is how liberals and those Michael Moore lovers seem to bitch about how this country 'sucks' how 'europe is so much better.' It's okay to burn the American flag because its freedom of speech? really? How about you people go to any other country in a world and see how their government tolerates your freedom of speech. have a nice vacation free loaders!
Take a shit or get off the pot you pussy liberals.
First of all, I assume they meant that liberalism requires a vacCination. I know, I know, some people think I’m the Grammar Police. But really, if you’re going to rant about how stupid the opposing side is, you should dazzle us with your own superior knowledge by, at the very least, utilizing proper spelling. In fact, the entire description is riddled with grammar errors in the same way Richard Nixon’s body was riddled with phlebitis.
As you can see, most of the rants are what might loosely be described as "polarized" and reflect a poor understanding, if one at all, of the tenants of liberalism. For example, on point #2, I haven’t heard too many liberals bitch about how we should do “absolutely nothing to those responsible for 9/11,” and I certainly haven’t heard the proposition that “we should send them lemon cakes”…especially since sending them lemon cakes would, in fact, be doing something to those responsible for 9/11.
Some of the rants also seem to be founded on a poor knowledge of both American and world politics. Probably the best example is, well “probably the best”: “how liberals and those Michael Moore lovers seem to bitch about how this country 'sucks' how 'europe is so much better.' It's okay to burn the American flag because its freedom of speech? really? How about you people go to any other country in a [the?] world and see how their government tolerates your freedom of speech. have a nice vacation free loaders!” We’ll bypass the whole poli sci arguments on flag-burning (and the Supreme Court’s rulings on this issue) and jump right to the point that countries like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK all permit flag-burning. So on my way north to Canada to dodge the draft, purchase pharmaceutical drugs, and get a gay marriage I’ll be sure to note the manner in which they tolerate my freedom of speech.
But mostly I want to draw attention to this assertion: “being told by liberals that we are in Iraq for oil when the price of oil before the war was less than $20 a barrel, while we are currently paying $70 a barrel, as of today. Set up an inequality for those 2 numbers you dumb shits.”
Did we go to war for oil? I don’t think so. I certainly don’t think it was the primary impetus. I think this is all just a throwback to the Cold War mentality. There’s evidence indicating that following the collapse of Mother Russia Wolfowitz and Cheney began preparing a strategy to maintain U.S. dominance on the world stage, and an Iraq war was near the beginning of their strategy. I think the Bushies saw Saddam as the primary threat to U.S. safety and felt it was their duty to take him out. Whether I’m wrong or right, I don’t think Iraq should have been the country of choice for invasion, since Iran is probably a greater threat to U.S. safety and certainly has more oil.
But it’s certainly no dazzling display of an argumentative checkmate to say we couldn’t POSSILBY be in Iraq for oil since the price of oil has gone UP. Just because something opposite of what you wanted occurs doesn't mean you lacked the original want. The conservative justifications for the Iraq invasion support this. The Republicans say we went into Iraq to stop torture, when a UN report states torture has gone UP. The Republicans says we went into Iraq to decrease the threat of terrorism, when a US intelligence report indicates that the war in Iraq has INCREASED terrorism. In fact, it seems anytime something goes right in Iraq, it must be a result OPPOSITE of what the Bush administration intended.
Really, I am just getting tired of this. “Liberalism is a mental disorder.” “Conservatives hate poor people.” Sensationalism isn’t cute anymore. Yes, we have disagreements in this country, and yes, they need to be addressed. But not like this. It’s time to get something done.