Saturday, September 16, 2006

Anything you can do I can do better

The facts are in: men are smarter than women. Do I give a shit? No. Who cares if men have higher IQ averages than women? What are we going to do with this information? I mean, really, I guess it's nice to know that the "boy crisis" doesn't mean that all boys are in fact idiots (although Judith Warner thinks the "boy crisis" is just a myth, anyway, perpetuated by rich mothers of stupid children) but this information won't really help advance our civilization. This whole issue just serves to further divide the sexes. There are some smart men and some smart women; can't we just leave it at that and all get along?

Personally, I think the idea of an IQ test is pretty stupid. This is an odd phenomenon of our society, the desire to measure and compare and rank ourselves. I really don't think intelligence is something that can be "measured." That being said, I am pretty tired of all these people who claim these study results are the product of bias towards white European men. That's right, everytime women or minorities do poorly on a standardized test it must be because the system is stacked against them. How much longer am I going to have to tolerate this parroted line? "It's not that women are stupid, it's the test!" Of course it's the test. It's always the damn test. Rather than being defensive about it, how about just blowing it off.?Let's even say it's true: men have higher IQs than women. Who gives a shit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home