Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I write the law; I am the law

Liz and I were talking yesterday about ways to spice up law school. Like class names. Law school has some of the most boring class names. Tax Law. Who wants to take that? You take something boring and add it to something boring, and you end up with something uber-boring. A new breed of boring. The Uruk-hai of boring. We're talking "impervious to sunlight" boring.

So we thought law schools should offer some more interesting courses. The most obvious contender is "Ninja Law." It would focus on the inverse ninja law and include a survey of ninja-related caselaw. Here are some other examples...

5634 Pirate Law
6042 Star Wars Law
6043 Explosion Law
7809 Car Chase Law
7421 Undercover Spy Law
5113 Buffalo Wing Law
5432 Lion King Law*
6132 Shoe Law
5590 Purse Law
7222 Thunderdome Law**
0001 Property Law According to Dogs***

And so on.

I also think there should be a class called "Jack Bauer Law." It would never meet, because Jack Bauer follows no laws.

* Restatement of Lion King Law
§ 101 - Eat or be eaten.
§ 102 - Live and let live.
§ 103 - Never take more than you give.

** "Two men enter; one man leaves."

*** 1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If I'm chewing something up, all the pieces are mine.
6. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
7. If it just looks like mine, it's mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home