Sunday, October 22, 2006

Scholarly Saturday

There are too many sports on television these days.* Saturday is usually my day to be productive. Something about not having to actually do work makes my productivity soar. Whenever I'm under even the slightest pressure, I'll admit it, I crack. "I have to read ten pages? By tomorrow?" But when the work absolutely doesn't need to be done, I scale to new heights. This is why I try to get most of my homework done on Saturdays. I probably get about 70% of my work done on Saturday, with another 20% done on Sunday and the remaining 5% the rest of the week. That missing 5%? It just never gets done. Okay, maybe 10% never gets done. Make that 15%. 85%.

* "Dear Mr. President, there are too many states nowadays. Please eliminate three.
P.S. I am not a crackpot."

But with all these sports on television, it's just too hard to get my work done, even on Scholarly Saturday. Last Saturday I had to deal not only with the usual college football, but also got served my first helping of the World Series. It's the Series OF THE WORLD. I never thought I'd see the day the Detroit Tigers would be a baseball juggernaut...and I still haven't, but at least they're in th World Series. So my Detroit pride dictates I watch that. And I have to watch the Michigan-Iowa game, of course, so I decided to put the Michigan State-Northwestern game on the backburner. How exciting could it be, anyway, right? BIG MISTAKE. I passed on what turned out to be the biggest upset in Big Ten history. So STUPID. And I missed it for the very model of a modern mediocre football performance from a top-ranked team. As for my precious Detroit Tigers? Don't even get me started on them. That game made me want to cry like a little girl. Not that I usually need a reason.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

to clarify, it was the biggest comeback in NCAA Division One A football history.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home