Tuesday, October 30, 2007

2000-Fun: A Space Orgy

This will be a short post. My dad recently bought a remastered copy of 2001 on DVD, so we watched it together. For those of you who don’t know, my parents have a movie theater-sized screen in their entertainment room (which, yes, clearly makes me better than you), so the picture was the largest at least that I have ever seen it. Thus it was that after x years of watching this movie, this was the first time I noticed that in the opening scenes the costume designer had actually taken the time to install tiny penises hanging between the hairy legs of Primitive Man. I don’t mean to be juvenile, but I couldn’t decide whether that was a credit to their commitment to accuracy, or just plain hilarious. Either way, at least it proves my mother wrong and serves as irrefutable evidence that it was in fact Man, and not Woman, who invented the first tools. Thus was the long-standing intellectual superiority of the male brain quickly established.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home