Friday, December 14, 2007

If only I could bend time and space

Tonight I came home to a text message from my best friend from college: "I'm in chicago this weekend. You gonna be around?" Um. Around where, exactly? How close do you think Minneapolis is to Chicago? You have to understand, he lives in New York, so maybe in his mind everything in the Midwest is fifteen minutes away. But it's an 8-hour drive from Minneapolis to Chicago. Trust me, I've driven it. Several times. Granted it's still closer than the drive from, say, Minneapolis to New York. But telling me you're gonna be in Chicago and am I gonna be around is like my dad's friend in India saying he's gonna be in London for the weekend and is my dad gonna be around. Yes, you're closer than you were before. But it's still an eight hour flight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home