Sunday, December 09, 2007

It's a date

User comments on dating-related sites crack me up. Here are some recent instances:

1. On a consumer page covering the break-away hit It's Just Lunch (what if I want more than just lunch?), one woman lamented, "The men that I went out with were very average. I stated that I wanted to date someone very attractive, fit and confident. I went on a few dates - the first, I couldn't even look at (very unattractive), the second - very average (I will admit that he was a nice gentleman) the next - again, not attractive." Honey, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but very attractive people don't use dating services. They (we?) can rope in enough catches on their own that they don't need to pay some stranger to help them. Maybe when you went to Fat Camp you complained how all your co-campers were chubby, too?

2. Yahoo!, the font of all dating advice, sported this comment from a user: "I will say that I am a male, and that I was raised with things called family values, respect, and morals. It has been my experience that most women view me as too good to be true, and get flighty." Psst. Here's a little secret: part of being too good to be true is not thinking you're too good to be true. Another part involves not having women run away from you. I'm just saying, you might want to reevaluate what quality of yours is making women avoid you...because somehow I suspect it's not because you're just too awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home