Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I've got a pan. I've got a plan.

Today I got an email from someone at DLA Piper (www.dlapiper.com), and when I first read their email address I wondered, "Why am I getting an email from someone at diaper.com?"* Just a fun fact.

* Or rather, "Why am I getting an email from someone at diaper.com at my work address?" Bed-wetting isn't just for kids anymore.






One racial stereotype I really dislike is the one that purports to generalize black people's supposed affinity for fried chicken. Not necessarily because it's accurate or inaccurate. But because it's so silly. Of course black people like fried chicken. Everybody should like fried chicken. Here are some interesting facts I pulled from Wikipedia about fried chicken:

Fact #1: Fried chicken is delicious.
Fact #2: Fried chicken is good for you (probably).
Fact #3: Fried chicken is delicious.

The problem with the world isn't that black people like fried chicken. It's that, apparently, there are other races whose love for fried chicken is not so concrete. One might as well chastise the black race for enjoying other good things in life, like sex, or The West Wing. Oh, those crazy Negroes!

Wanna know the best part about being white? It isn't driving the Jersey turnpike without being pulled over or rocking a tiny penis. It's the ability to enjoy fried chicken guilt-free. When I sit down to a tasty platter of boneless wings, I don't have to worry about being a reinforcement of racial stereotypes. Screw that. It's just me and my fried chicken.

Fry that chicken? Indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home