Sunday, February 10, 2008

Law Revue Comes in the Niiiight




The other night I was at a bar holding one of those Guitar Hero contests. I used to be pretty indifferent to the whole Guitar Hero phenom. Then my neighbors got the game and decided 2:00 am on a Tuesday was a good time to play, so now the full wrath of my raging ire has been brought to bear. And even though I'm sure the game was designed and programmed by those crafty Japanese, Guitar Hero strikes me as a classic American pastime. Because, hey, kids! Want to play the guitar without all the hassle and bother of having to learn how to ACTUALLY play the guitar? Then boy have we got the game for you!

There's no West Wing quote for this, but I can offer you this:

Homer: Hey, how come you never play your guitar any more?
Bart: I'll tell you the truth, Dad. I wasn't good at it right away, so I quit. I hope you're not mad.
Homer: Son, come here! Of course I'm not mad. If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing! You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit, and your unicycle, and we'll go downstairs and watch TV.
Bart: What's on?
Homer: It doesn't matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home