Thursday, February 07, 2008

(Won't) See You at the Coffee Shop


+ =

There’s a Caribou Coffee in my building at work. I never go there, because there’s usually a line and it’s overpriced and I don’t like coffee made from caribou, but I do have to pass it on my way to get to the free crap stuff that my company offers (trust me, there’s a reason it’s free). Is there some sort of requirement that girls who work in coffee shops must be little cutie pies? I think so. It’s really such a cliché, with their aprons and polos and blond ponytails sticking out behind their baseball caps.

Speaking of cliché, Mike thinks I should start buying coffee I don’t want at Caribou just to strike up a conversation with some of them and see how far the sparks doth fly. Didn’t I already see like 12 Meg Ryan movies where that was the plot? I think there’s something kind of generally inappropriate about hitting on girls while they’re at work. The other day I was rockin' it at Banana Republic doing an exchange (they’re having a sale, if you aren't in the know) and not to brag, but the sales girl and I definitely had a moment. And I almost asked for her number, even preparing to pivot to the always-witty, “And if you say no, I’ll have to speak to your manager.” Then I remembered that would make me fucking awesome a cad.

But seriously, I did speak with her manager. Not giving out your number is just bad customer service.

In other news, as you can see, I just discovered always knew about and have decided to start using copiously the strikethrough feature.

3 Comments:

Blogger Swami Says said...

You understand I've been trying to figure out the strike through feature since I started blogging over two years ago. And by "figure out" I mean I always wished I knew how to do it but thought that the information would suddenly manifest itself in my mind. Anyways, do tell. I promise to never write another blog without it.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Law Revue said...

Apparently you edit the HTML the same way you would to make text italicized or bold, except instead of using i or b you use s.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Mike said...

1. Everyone but Law Revue knows no one really just buys coffee for $3. You're buying the atmosphere, the free wi-fi, the perky young baristas, and the pleasant and authentic-seeming social interaction with the perky young baristas. This is not a big mystery. A cup of coffee costs like twenty cents.
2. I move to suspend further bragging by Law Revue about female encounters that don't actually result in any meaningful interaction. You can't have it both ways: You can't criticize the concept of hitting on salesgirls and then brag about the almost-there attempt to do so. My opinion.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home