Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A George Bush Romance

Today on the way to work I was listening to a love song that was popular back when I was in high school. I miss those days. I miss the days when I could relate to these songs on a truly emotional level. Clutching cherished photos, crying on my bedroom floor. Now it's all just nostalgia. But I miss the days when I was completely enthralled with certain girls and believed there was no possible way they would ever be attracted to me. It was all so much easier then. I like things that are easy.

It's never that way as an adult. Everything's so nuanced and shaded in gray now. Nowadays I'm never emotionally attracted to girls the way I once was, and there's always some extent to which I know they can't deny my rampant sex appeal. But I want a George Bush romance. Not a romance with George Bush. But the kind of romance George Bush would write if his speechwriters wrote romances. I want a romance where America can do no wrong and the Muslims are always evil. I want the simplicity of that singular love.


Lovin' you is easy 'cause you're beautiful...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home