Sunday, March 23, 2008

March Madness: Don't Get Upset



Georgetown Hoyas - R.I.P.

Friday I wrote of upsets. Oh, how prophetic! How clairvoyant! The past 48 hours have seen so many upsets. USD over UConn. Siena over Vanderbilt. WVU over Duuuuuuke. And I just had to sit here and take it as Davidson came back from a 17-point deficit to defeat Georgetown. Upset? You bet I'm fucking upset! I had Georgetown in the Final Four!

And here comes the cruel irony of March Madness: even though Stephen Curry and the Davidson Fucktards (I'm pretty sure that's their team mascot; honest!) have slain my Hoyas and smote their ruin upon the mountainside, I now have to root for them to defeat the Kansas Jayhawks and make it to the Final Four in order to stay alive in my pool. Right now I'm ranked 7th out of 73, and I'll be a Western Kentucky Hilltopper before I see it all taken away from me. The enemy of my enemy is my friend? Au contraire. The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

UPDATE: Make that 6th out of 73.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home