Thursday, March 06, 2008

My Apartment: The Home Where I Hide

Over the weekend I purchased I new apartment with all my new-found proverbial "dough." Here are some pictures:









This is the first time in my life I think I've actually been proud of where I live. Last night after work I swung by to engage in some Hypothetical Furniture Arranging exercises, and I was feeling particularly proud. "I can't believe this is mine." "It has so much character." Etc.

Really, when I said apartment hunting was just like dating, I hit the nail directly upon its head. There are moments when I'm completely enthralled with and proud of my apartment. Just like a woman. And there are moments where I think, "Hmmm. I don't really care for X,Y, and Z. Maybe I should have held out for something better?" Just like a woman. I guess sometimes you just have to say "fuck it" and take the plunge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home