Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Wedding

This weekend I went to a wedding in Princeton. It's a cute little college town. The wedding was actually at Princeton's seminary. Here's an interesting quandary: can you ask for directions at the Center for Theological Inquiry? Maybe spiritual directions.

Something funny happened once I got to the wedding. My college roommate and I pulled up outside the chapel, and just as we got there a huge limb fell off a tree and crashed to the ground. Of its own accord. For no reason. It was clearly an Omen, but what it signified is TBD.

I know what you really want to hear about, though. You want to hear about the girls. I'll be honest, I went to this thing completely expecting to be unimpressed. I learned that maybe I'm too judgmental. As luck would have it, I was actually placed next to what was in my opinion the cutest girl (after the bride, naturally) there.

One couldn't ask for a more blatant opening, either. At the table were two married couples, an engaged couple, me, my college roommate, and two girls. We were all divided up and coupled off like Noah's Ark. At first I thought I was going to be annoyed - sort of like showing up at your friend's house for a party only to discover it's three couples, one single girl, and you (Hmm...who's team will YOU be on for charades?) - and maybe it was just the 12-hour buzz of free booze I'd been rockin' up to this point. But I actually had a pretty good time. Three minutes in I'd already received a hand on the forearm, so I knew I was pretty set.


Mimosas match my outfit!

1 Comments:

Blogger Blue Sky said...

"...so I knew I wsa pretty set?"

That's where you end the story? Booo! I want details!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home