Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Still Not That Into You

Continuing our conversation from a couple weeks ago...Last night after watching the Celtics fuck up I caught a little of Justin Timberlake on Leno. At one point Leno let the audience "submit" relationship questions to the lovable JT. Here's one:

Dear Justin. I've been dating my boyfriend for two years. Is there anything I can do to get him to propose? Jessica.

Dear Jessica. Thanks for your inquiry. I think you asked the wrong question. I think you meant to ask, even if there was, why would you want to?

This reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw in the parking lot yesterday, which sort of encapsulized one of the many logical fallacies of the Pro-Life Movement. It went a little something like this: If You Can't Trust Me With A Choice, How Can You Trust Me With A Child?

Answer: I can't. I've always thought it was curious social policy that pro-lifers think we should stick children with parents who would otherwise elect to murder them.

Back to our issue: Why would you want to marry someone whom you had to manipulate to marry? Maybe he's afraid of commitment. Or feels like he's too young to get married. Or maybe, he's just not that into you. If he hasn't asked you to be with him for the rest of his life, it's probably because he doesn't want you to be with him for the rest of his life. It's not that complicated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home