Friday, September 12, 2008

Last Time We Met I Was But The Learner

At work I'm mentoring one of the new attorneys that just came in. Truth be told, things are a little awkward between us. He's a nice enough guy, but he's constantly talking about his experience as a judicial clerk. "When I was a judicial clerk, we used to use secondary sources all the time." "I didn't do much legislative history research, back when I was a judicial clerk." "I remember when all the judicial clerks used to give each other hand jobs." Dude, seriously, look at my face: I don't care. Maybe it's because I'm 26 and Dude's gotta be at least 45. I understand that at times our insecurities may tower over us like giants, and it seems their shadows alone could crush us. But look at my face. I. Don't. Care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home