Monday, November 03, 2008

Adventures in Ireland: God I Fucking Love Business Class

God I fucking love Business Class. Have you ever flown it? Then you are missing out. You know when people say something is like discovering there's no Santa? This was like discovering there IS a Santa. Free booze, movies on demand (although when a guy finds himself watching Mamma Mia we maybe should be questioning their selection), LAZ-E-Boy recliners, bathrooms reserved for "security reasons," and did I mention the free alcohol?

There's a cruel irony when flying Business Class, because you're trapped between the desire to sleep, thereby taking full advantage of Business Class's greatest asset (the fully reclining chair), and staying awake to savor each glorious second in full, unadulerated consciousness. Bon appetit.

There was only one thing hindering my full enjoyment. Looking around the cabin I could see a few couples smooching by the windows, and I couldn't help but think how much more this experience would be enhanced if it could be shared with D.G. Holding the hand of the woman you love whilst reclining in aviation style, it must be hard for an individual not to muse to himself, "My God, I am so completely and utterly The Shit."

But seriously, you guys: God I fucking love Business Class.



1 Comments:

Blogger Blue Sky said...

Wow, Ireland sounds amazing.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home