Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Story So Far

Oh. Hello. I didn't see you there. How was your weekend? Mine was good. I did some stuff for work, taught myself to play squash left-handed. Oh, and some stuff happened with CM, too. The good news: it's official; she's breaking up with her fiance. O'Doyle rules!

The bad news? She's break up with her fiance, of course! That's a lot of chaos in a person's life, and we've decided to table anything until she feels like she's gotten that part of her life resolved. We didn't discuss it much further than that, but I suspect we'll have to insert a cooling-off period as well. Still, I feel like things are going quite well for me right now. One of you loyal readers sent me an email yesterday suggesting I was in a pickle here, but the truth is this has been about the easiest thing I've ever done. Things are just falling into place. I've never been with someone who made me feel so good about myself for just being myself.

That's the real problem. My gut tells me that things are going great, but my head doesn't trust this. It's too easy, too simple. My head thinks something's afoot. God is setting a trap, and C.M.'s the bait! God wouldn't just LET me be happy after 27 years of working so hard to prevent it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home